Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January Meeting

We just had our first meeting of this year. What a great group of gals. We have a new member, that brings us up to 9 members. We brought out 12 1/2" X 14 1/2" block. They are so cool.
Nikki with her modified 12 patch block.
 Karyli with her flying geese in a circle block.
 Shigae with her denim and 30's circle block.
 Nikki with her pretty fabric block.
 Sheryl with her appliqued boot block.
 Gaylene with her Breast Cancer Awareness block.
 Rula with her crazy Mary Engelbreit block.
 Dawnel with her painted baby block.
 Shannon with her ticker tape block.

Our goal is to come back in February having put a border on our blocks that we traded. It can be anywhere between 1" to 4" It can be pieced, solid, plain, or busy. A few gals brought fabric they would like used and the rest have left it totally up to the next person. Next month we will take pictures and then we will switch again.

Sheryl gave us some pointers on how to measure our blocks to make sure we get the right measurement. She also helped us to learn more about the difference between ironing and pressing. Great tips. It is always good to learn.

5 comments:

  1. So much fun! Love laughing and hanging out with you girls. Can't wait for next time and to see how the borders turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhhh !!! So fun! I want to be a member!! I'm Rula's sister and I live in California and I want to come and have fun with you, too! Your blocks are so cute. I will keep checking out your blog to see your progress. Check out the Guild that I belong to in Santa Rosa at santarosaquiltguild.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone is having a good time! Keep those wheels turning, you will need the movitation through this year, I want to see the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this blog thru Karyli's blog...who I found, who knows where! I will be excited to see what y'all do each month. My great grandparents lived in Parma and are burried there on the hill. My folks live in Meridian... I've been gone from ID for 12 yrs... I live in Haines AK.. It would be fun to join you someday!

    ReplyDelete

We would love you read your thoughts...